Our Production Kitchen in Burnaby is looking to hire an experienced Bakery Manager to oversee our bakery operations. Reporting directly to the Director of Commissary Operations, the Bakery Manager leads the bakery, pastry, and packaging teams, oversees daily production for quality, consistency, and food safety, and is responsible for menu development and financial results.
We are in a time of change and growth, so we are looking for candidates who are adaptable, forward thinking, and capable of leading change management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Daily Management of the Bakery: meet production, quality, and product standards; organize store orders, specials planning and invoices.
- Bakery Leadership: work alongside bakers, pastry chefs and support staff as needed.
- Staffing: scheduling, payroll, hiring, and performance management.
- Menu and Product Development: develop new menu items and packaging ideas; identify seasonal & holiday opportunities, and line extensions.
- Cost Management: cost of new products, review product margins, negotiate costs of ingredients and packaging; monitor inventory, sales and labour costs.
- Assist Commissary Director as requested with systems and change management.
- Stay current about emerging trends in the market.
- Recognize and actively monitor competitors’ prices and offerings.
- Formal certification in Baking and Pastry Arts
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef and/or a Bakery Manager
- Experience working in production-oriented facility
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook
- FoodSafe Certificate
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong detail orientation