Choices Markets’ Head Office has an immediate opening for an Accounting Clerk to provide key support to our Accounting department.
This position has potential for growth. A wide variety of duties are involved, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to take on increasingly complex and responsible tasks. Hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Daily processing of various data and paperwork while ensuring accuracy and correcting data discrepancies as needed.
- Compare store receiving paperwork to sheets, noting any discrepancies and investigating inconsistencies.
- Accurately process and record transactions.
- Process store Coupons.
- Process, verify and post receipts for AP in FMS via scanning.
- Maintain detailed records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Reconcile credit cards.
- Obtain information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting store managers to discuss discrepancies and mail.
- Provide back-up support to other members of the Accounting & Finance Team as necessary.
- Assist with general office administrative duties (filing, corporate mail outs, organizing, etc.).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in an administrative or accounting support role required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Competency using Microsoft Office Suite products; Excel is a must.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, with excellent communication skills.
Our office is located in the Tillbury area, so the position is ideally suited to someone who lives in Delta, Surrey or Langley who would like to avoid a lengthy commute.
If you would like to work for a locally owned company, apply today!