Are you seeking a position with clear growth potential? Do you like the idea of working for a local company, passionate about selling good food?
Our large South Surrey store currently has an amazing career opening for an Assistant Store Manager. This is a great opportunity for a down to earth, people-oriented leader who is interested in store management.
We are seeking someone who will:
- help lead our team of store employees through a hands-on, collaborative approach;
- manage store profitability through effective merchandising, ordering, inventory and waste management;
- ensure all store and department operations run smoothly, including OHS, and equipment maintenance;
- successfully run store operations in the absence of the store manager, including scheduling and payroll;
- build and manage relationships with our vendors and suppliers; and
- connect with the surrounding community by cultivating connections and by planning shared events.
The ideal person for this position will:
- clearly demonstrate the ability to inspire and motivate employees;
- be an outstanding communicator with excellent writing skills;
- be service-oriented and enjoy responding to customer and business needs;
- possess significant retail management experience;
- be able to juggle multiple demands with a calm demeanour, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines;
- understand retail metrics and be able to meet financial targets;
- be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel;
- be willing to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends; and
- be comfortable in a physically demanding job, able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand on his/her feet all day.
If you are a driven, self-propelled individual, and like the idea of working for a truly local company, please apply today!