Our Kelowna location has a busy but fun opening for a sparkly, independent individual to manage our in-store bakery! Applicants should ideally have experience in a retail bakery setting, flexible availability and be willing to work morning shifts.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- directing workflow and overseeing the department;
- baking and preparing foodstuffs for sale;
- ordering, receiving and merchandising product effectively;
- serving customers promptly with a positive attitude;
- rotating items to ensure freshness and excellent quality of bakery displays and cases;
- keeping workspaces, stock area and retail spaces clean, well-organized and presentable;
- adhering to all OH&S policies and practices; and
- completing paperwork and administrative duties as required.
The ideal person for this position:
- is mature and responsible, with demonstrated leadership skills;
- is engaging and positive, with a flexible approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- is service-oriented, and interacts personably with both customers and co-workers;
- thrives in an unpredictable environment and can handle time pressure;
- is superbly organized, has solid communication skills and can set up a daily routine;
- enjoys working independently and multitasking;
- is able to efficiently perform basic functions in Microsoft Excel;
- is creative, intuitive and willing to share ideas;
- is capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- is willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
If this sounds like you, apply today!