Choices Markets’ Production Facility on Marine Way near Boundary Road currently has an opening for a full-time Cook in the Commissary Kitchen.
Our production facility is only a few years old and boasts an impressive array of Deli, Bakery and Bulk Foods operations.
We are seeking a Cook who will:
- assist the production supervisor in all aspects of kitchen production;
- assist with planning and organizing production schedules;
- oversee and supervise the production processes;
- train cooks, and support staff in the kitchen;
- work directly alongside cooks, packaging, and dispatch staff;
- maintain quality control standards;
- assist in selecting, ordering and purchasing materials;
- monitor and control shrink and waste;
- implement HACCP and FoodSafe practices; and
- maintain health and safety standards.
Our ideal candidate:
- is able to think critically and problem solve independently in a timely manner;
- is passionate about working with people;
- has strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- has commercial large volume cooking experience;
- can lift up to 50 lbs;
- has a positive attitude; and
- is hardworking and works well with a team.
Experience in the food manufacturing industry, a high volume restaurant or hotel kitchen or a diploma from a recognized cooking school would be considered an asset.
Hours are flexible and applicants will not be required to work late shifts. Starting wage is $14/hr+, depending on experience.