Choices Markets is a local, family owned grocer that’s been providing natural, organic and specialty products for communities across BC since 1990. We have eleven stores and a gluten free bakery in Metro Vancouver, The Fraser Valley and Okanagan. Our customers enjoy an extensive selection of organic, natural and local food items. We’re committed to upholding our vision while providing exceptional customer service in a friendly and welcoming environment. As proud locals, we are 100% Canadian owned and operated and fully committed to our local communities.
Our Choices Production Facility in Burnaby is looking for an individual with a passion for food to help support our team! There is opportunity for a position as a cook, requiring open availability.
- prepare and cook soups, sauces and chili;
- prepare various salads and meals to go;
- clean and sanitize the kitchen;
- organize storage of food ingredients and disposables;
- ensure safety protocols are taken and quality standards are met; and
- other duties as required.
- proficiency with cooking utensils;
- understanding of sanitary practices and protocols;
- strong organizational skills around food storage, preparation and disposables;
- eager and willing to learn; and
- available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends
Experience in the food manufacturing industry, a high volume restaurant or hotel kitchen or a diploma from a recognized cooking school would be considered an asset.
Hours are flexible and applicants will not be required to work late shifts. Starting wage is $14/hr+, depending on experience.