Choices Markets is a local grocer that’s been providing natural, organic and specialty products to communities across BC since 1990. We have ten stores in Metro Vancouver, The Fraser Valley and Okanagan. Our customers enjoy an extensive selection of organic, natural and local food items. As proud locals, we are 100% Canadian owned and operated and fully committed to our local communities.
Our Production Kitchen and Bakery in Burnaby prepares the food available in our delis and bakeries at our stores. We are looking for people with relevant experience, a passion for food and food safety to help support our kitchen team!
- Prepare and cook soups, sauces and chili;
- Prepare and cook proteins, starches, and side dishes;
- Prepare various salads, sandwiches and meals to go;
- Packaging foods for dispatching to stores;
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen;
- Organize storage of food ingredients and disposables;
- Ensures safety protocols are taken and quality standards are met; and
- Other duties as required.
- Proficiency with cooking equipment and utensils;
- Previous kitchen experience;
- Eagar and willing to learn;
- Passion for food;
- Understanding of sanitary practices and protocols;
- Strong organizational skills around food storage, preparation and disposables; and
- Available to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Competitive wages (range: $ 15 – $18, dependent on experience);
- Staff discount;
- Dynamic work environment;
- No late nights; and
- Relatively stress free kitchen.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!