Choices Markets: Cook / Soup Maker
Choices Markets is a local grocer that’s been providing natural, organic and specialty products to communities across BC since 1990. We have ten stores in Metro Vancouver, The Fraser Valley and Okanagan. Our customers enjoy an extensive selection of organic, natural and local food items. As proud locals, we are 100% Canadian owned and operated and fully committed to our local communities.
Our Choices Production Kitchen and Bakery in Burnaby prepares the food available in our delis and bakeries at our stores and is in the process of positive change of our menus and systems. We are looking for experienced individuals with a passion for food to help support our kitchen team!
- Prepare and cook soups, sauces and chilis
- Prepare salad dressings
- Prepare and cook proteins, starches, and side dishes
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen
- Organize storage of food ingredients and disposables
- Ensures safety protocols are followed and quality standards are met
- Other duties as required.
- Proficiency with cooking equipment and utensils; ideally experience working with soup kettles and tilt skillet
- Previous kitchen experience
- Eager and willing to learn
- Passion for food
- Understanding of sanitary practices and protocols
- Available to work a variety of shifts
- Competitive Wages with an excellent Benefits Package
- Staff discount
- No late nights, relatively stress free kitchen
Apply at choicesmarkets.com, or send your resume directly to email@example.com