Choices Yaletown currently has an opening for a strong, hardworking individual who enjoys working independently and doesn’t mind cold temperatures!
The Dairy Lead Hand’s responsibilities include:
- stocking shelves and rotating products in the Dairy department;
- merchandising products and ensuring that items on sale are well represented;
- analyzing sales and ordering stock accordingly;
- responding promptly and professionally to customer inquiries;
- ensuring coolers are clean and well organized;
- following all occupational health and safety requirements; and
- receiving products and keeping Dairy retail areas clean and presentable.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- engaging and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- highly organized, with an understanding of stock control;
- proactive in managing tasks, and proud of overseeing a key department within the store;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- comfortable in a physically demanding job that includes heavy lifting and constant exposure to cold temperatures;
- capable of lifting up to 70 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
This is a full time position with predominantly daytime shifts. Applicants will ideally have flexible availability, and must be willing to work at least one evening and one weekend day per week.
If you like the idea of getting to know your customers in your neighbourhood grocery store, apply below today!