Choices Markets in Yaletown currently has an opening for an engaging, food-loving person to join our team. No experience is necessary and on the job training will be provided.
This part time position will include shifts in both the bakery and deli departments. This position involves closing shifts, so applicants must be available to work evenings and weekends.
The Deli/Bakery Clerk’s responsibilities include:
- serving customers promptly with a positive attitude;
- preparing baking, and cooking a variety of hot and cold foodstuffs;
- ensuring all deli and bakery displays and cases are fresh and well stocked with quality items;
- merchandising products and ensuring sale items are well represented;
- ordering and receiving product;
- rotating items to ensure freshness and excellent quality;
- running a till to serve customers;
- operating various kitchen appliances and equipment in adherence to OH&S policies;
- cleaning workspaces and retail areas as required; and
- completing paperwork and administrative duties as required.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- engaging and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- enjoys working independently and multitasking, but is also a good team player;
- thrives in an unpredictable environment and can handle time pressure;
- is superbly organized and can set up a daily routine;
- is service-oriented, and interacts personably with both customers and co-workers;
- has solid communication skills, including the ability to write clear messages in a log;
- is able to efficiently perform basic functions in Microsoft Excel;
- is comfortable moving rapidly on his/her feet all day long;
- can lift up to 50 lbs; and
- loves food, and welcomes the opportunity to work for a local employer!
If you like the idea of getting to know your customers in your neighborhood grocery store, apply below today!