Choices Markets in Kelowna currently has an opening for an engaging, food-loving person to join our Deli team. No experience is necessary and on the job training will be provided. This part time position involves a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends, so flexible availability would be considered an asset.
The Deli Clerk’s responsibilities include:
- serving customers promptly with a positive attitude;
- preparing and cooking a variety of hot and cold foodstuffs;
- keeping the deli cases stocked;
- rotating items to ensure freshness and excellent quality;
- running a till to serve customers;
- operating various kitchen appliances and equipment in adherence to OH&S policies; and
- cleaning workspaces and retail areas as required.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- engaging and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
If you like the idea of getting to know your customers in your neighbourhood grocery store, apply below today!