Choices Markets in Kitsilano currently has an opening for an enthusiastic, food-loving Deli Lead Hand with demonstrated leadership skills!
This is a full time position. Hours include both opening and closing shifts, as well as weekend work. Applicants should ideally have flexible availability and be willing to work at least one weekend day per week.
- directing workflow and overseeing the department in the absence of the Deli Manager;
- ordering, receiving and merchandising product effectively as directed by store management;
- serving customers promptly with a positive attitude;
- preparing and cooking a variety of hot and cold foodstuffs;
- keeping the deli cases stocked;
- rotating items to ensure freshness and excellent quality;
- running a till to serve customers;
- operating various kitchen appliances and equipment in adherence to OH&S policies; and
- cleaning workspaces and retail areas as required.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- mature and responsible, with demonstrated leadership skills;
- driven to bring out the best in people;
- engaging and positive, with a flexible approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- experienced in a retail deli setting;
- creative, intuitive and willing to share ideas;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
If you like the idea of getting to know your customers in your neighbourhood grocery store, apply below today!