Choices Markets in South Surrey currently has an opening for an enthusiastic, food-loving Deli Lead Hand with demonstrated leadership skills!
This is a full time, 40 hour per week position. Applicants should ideally have flexible availability and be willing to work a variety of shifts.
- directing workflow and overseeing the department;
- ordering, receiving and merchandising product effectively as directed by store management;
- serving customers promptly with a positive attitude;
- preparing and cooking a variety of hot and cold foodstuffs;
- keeping the deli cases stocked;
- rotating items to ensure freshness and excellent quality;
- running a till to serve customers;
- operating various kitchen appliances and equipment in adherence to OH&S policies; and
- cleaning workspaces and retail areas as required.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- mature and responsible, with demonstrated leadership skills;
- driven to bring out the best in people;
- engaging and positive, with a flexible approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- experienced in a retail deli setting;
- creative, intuitive and willing to share ideas;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
If you like the idea of getting to know your customers in your neighbourhood grocery store, apply below today!