Choices in North Vancouver has a that deli offers a wonderful array of gourmet food including a ‘grab and go’ section, a wide selection of in house and imported products and a catering service.
We currently have an opening for an hands-on, collaborative Deli Manager to lead our Deli department!
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic individual who will:
- lead a team of employees with a hands-on style;
- visibly enjoy working on the retail floor, and interacting with customers;
- enjoy preparing a variety of hot and cold foodstuffs;
- demonstrate a strong drive to succeed and a superb work ethic;
- oversee the operations of the department, including merchandising, workflow, ordering, cleaning and inventory management; and
- effectively manage relationships with our vendors and suppliers.
The ideal person will also:
- be passionate about food, and take pride in the high quality and selection that Choices has to offer its customers;
- be driven to bring out the best in people;
- be personable, positive and outgoing, with a flexible approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- be service-oriented, and interested in both understanding and meeting customers’ needs;
- be creative, intuitive and willing to share ideas;
- have retail deli experience, and be able to merchandise, order and manage stock;
- understand retail metrics, and be able to grow sales and profits;
- have good writing skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel;
- adhere to OHS guidelines and maintain clean, safe work areas; and
- be comfortable working in a physically demanding job, be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand all day.
The majority of the shifts for this position are in the daytime, but the ability and willingness to work one weekend day and one closing shift per week is also required.
The starting wage for this position will be $20.75/hour + depending on experience.
If you love food, and like the idea of working for a truly local company, apply today!