Choices Markets in Kitsilano is a friendly, neighbourhood grocery store which appreciates its loyal clientele and enjoys participating in its community. We currently have an opening for an engaging person to join our Grocery team. No experience is necessary and on the job training will be provided.
The Grocery Clerk’s responsibilities include:
- stocking shelves and rotating products on the grocery floor;
- ensuring items on sale are well represented on shelves and in displays;
- responding promptly and professionally to customer inquiries;
- running a till and providing additional assistance to the Front End department as required; and
- cleaning retail areas and work spaces on a daily basis.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- engaging and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- comfortable in a physically demanding job that includes bending, crouching and reaching;
- capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
Broad availability is an asset. Applicants will ideally be available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
If you like the idea of getting to know your customers in your neighborhood grocery store, apply below today!