Choices Yaletown is a friendly, neighborhood grocery store which appreciates its loyal clientele and enjoys participating in its community. We currently have an opening for an engaging person to join our team. This position involves working in both the grocery and dairy departments as needed. No experience is necessary and on the job training will be provided.
The Grocery/Dairy Clerk’s responsibilities include:
- stocking shelves and rotating products in coolers and on the floor;
- ensuring items on sale are well represented on shelves, coolers and in displays;
- responding promptly and professionally to customer inquiries;
- running a till and providing additional assistance to the Front End department as required;
- and cleaning retail areas and workspaces on a daily basis.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- engaging and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- comfortable in a physically demanding job that includes bending, crouching and reaching;
- capable of lifting up to 50 lbs;
- comfortable working in cold temperatures;
- and willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
Hours are flexible and applicants will ideally have open availability. Up to 24 hours a week are available to work.
If you like the idea of getting to know your customers in your neighborhood grocery store, apply below today!