Choices Markets currently has an opening for a full time Meat Cutter. This position requires candidates to be willing and able to work at various Choices Markets locations throughout Metro Vancouver.
We are looking for a service-oriented individual who is looking for a job with great growth potential! The starting wage for this position is $21.75/hr+, depending on experience.
The Meat Cutter’s responsibilities include:
- cutting, trimming and preparing a variety of meat and fish cuts;
- ensuring shelves and displays are fully stocked and well presented;
- managing inventory and ensuring consistent high quality;
- ensuring items on sale are well represented on shelves and in displays;
- responding promptly and professionally to customer inquiries; and
- cleaning retail areas and workspaces on a daily basis.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- experienced in cutting meat and/or fish;
- willing and able to work in a cold environment;
- engaging and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- comfortable in a physically demanding job and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- willing and physically capable of standing on his/her feet all day.
The ability and willingness to work in a cold environment is absolutely essential. Applicants must also be willing to work a variety of shifts, including weekends.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!