Choices Markets in Kerrisdale currently has an opening for a full time Meat Cutter. We are looking for a service-oriented individual who is looking for a job with great growth potential! The starting wage for this position is $19.75/hr+, depending on experience.
The Meat Cutter’s responsibilities include:
- cutting, trimming and preparing a variety of meat and fish cuts;
- ensuring shelves and displays are fully stocked and well presented;
- managing inventory and ensuring consistent high quality;
- ensuring items on sale are well represented on shelves and in displays;
- responding promptly and professionally to customer inquiries; and
- cleaning retail areas and workspaces on a daily basis.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- experienced in cutting meat and/or fish;
- engaging and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- comfortable in a physically demanding job and capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- willing and physically capable of standing on his/her feet all day.
The ability and willingness to work in a cold environment is absolutely essential. Applicants must also be willing and able to work at least one weekend day per week.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply today!