Choices Markets on Commercial Drive is a friendly, neighbourhood grocery store with a loyal clientele and long serving employees. We love the community we operate in and we enjoy participating in a number of events, all year long!
There is currently a career opportunity open for a Meat Department Manager. This full time position is ideally suited to someone with a broad range of meat cutting experience.
We sell an impressive range of custom meat cuts, so we are seeking an individual who:
- is skilled in preparing a variety of cuts and value added products;
- takes pride in offering exceptional customer service and top quality products;
- is able to drive sales through effective merchandising and inventory management;
- enjoys developing a team by providing exceptional leadership and a hands-on approach; and
- is comfortable managing all department operations such as ordering, adherence to ad cycles, stock rotation, receiving, scheduling and payroll.
The ideal candidate:
- will thrive in our entrepreneurial environment;
- is personable, outgoing and driven;
- can exercise good judgment in managing a variety of departmental matters;
- is service-oriented and can respond to customer needs;
- clearly demonstrates the ability to supervise others and possesses superb communication skills;
- can efficiently perform basic functions in Microsoft Outlook and Excel; and
- can lift up to 70 lbs and is able to stand on his/her feet all day.
If this sounds like you, and if you like the idea of working for a local business, we would love to hear from you.