Choices Markets in Kelowna currently has a unique part-time professional opportunity for a Registered Dietitian or Registered Holistic Nutritionist to support our customers with nutrition education.
Responsibilities of this key position include:
- engaging with customers and responding to their inquiries in a caring and professional manner;
- conducting Grocery Store Consults for Choices customers;
- providing 1-1 one hour nutrition training to all new Choices employees;
- monitoring email – responding to store tour requests and preparing a weekly update (30-60 minutes of computer use per shift);
- conducting in-store food and product demonstrations;
- providing support for online seminars and events;
- cultivating relationships with the community and Choices’ Partners in Wellness, and seeking out new relationships;
- developing new nutrition programs, and program ideas;
- contributing to the monthly Choices newsletter (as required);
- contributing nutrition education videos and posts on our various social media platforms;
- attending and participating in events on behalf of Choices; and
- contributing to additional projects as required.
The ideal employee for this position:
- holds a Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN or CNP) designation with a BSc, BA or equivalent;hHas outstanding communication skills
- enjoys connecting with people and is driven to help others;
- is able to work with a team;
- demonstrates willingness and ability to take initiative and work independently;
- has proven research skills and excellent writing abilities;
- has good computer skills and is proficient in Microsoft Office programs;
- is willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
Applicants should be available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends. Retail experience is an asset, but is not required.