Choices Markets currently has an opening at our Head Office for a Nutrition Operations Manager.
- Provide evidence –based nutrition information to customers and staff via phone, email and in person consultation, including store nutrition tours
- Provide oversight and leadership of Nutrition Department staff, including training of new staff
- Coordinate Nutrition Department signage, staff requests, and department operations
- Manage partnerships with community practitioners, such as physicians and chiropractors
- Coordinate the production of the Choices Markets monthly newsletter and contribute written pieces for it
- Liaise between multiple departments to coordinate newsletter production, seminar program, and community events
- Coordinate the Partners in Wellness program
- Oversee the administration of the Wellness Seminars Program in-store or online via webinar
- Give community lectures on a variety of nutrition topics
- Organize and execute nutrition events in the stores and the community
- Promote Nutrition Department services and build awareness both within the store environments and externally
- Completion or near completion of an accredited dietetics program
- Must have a current registration with the College of Dietitians’ of BC and have an RD (t) or RD status. Current Interns welcome to apply.
- Have a degree in Human Nutrition or Nutrition Science.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a passion for consumer nutrition and nutrition communications
- Ability to work as a team player within the company and nutrition team
- Effective leadership and time management skills
- Computer proficiency (ability to work with Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc)
- Possess a keen interest in the natural foods and complementary and alternative health communities and understanding of common alternative beliefs and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on disseminating nutrition information to a diverse audience
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Proactive self – starter with the ability to multitask under pressure
- Have a flexible schedule: this is a 32-hour per week position requiring occasional evening and weekend work and travel to our Kelowna location and throughout our Greater Vancouver locations.