Our beautiful new Choices North Vancouver store currently has an opening for a part-time Produce Clerk. We stock a wonderful array of both organic and conventional items, and are ideally seeking someone with a love of food and passion for local fresh produce!
Experience is helpful, but not required, and on the job training will be provided!
Responsibilities for this position include:
- washing, trimming and culling produce;
- stocking shelves, bins and displays;
- merchandising sale items effectively;
- responding to customer inquiries;
- helping out our Front End staff (cashiers) as required; and
- keeping the department clean and safe.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- interested in learning about fruits and veggies, and how to prepare them for the retail floor;
- personable and friendly, with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- capable of lifting up to 70 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
Hours include both opening and closing shifts, as well as weekend work. Applicants should ideally have flexible availability and be willing to work at least one weekend day.
If this appeals to you, apply today!