Choices Markets in South Surrey is a friendly neighbourhood grocery store with a loyal customer base and a proud tradition of community involvement in local schools and businesses.
We currently have an opening for a part-time Produce Clerk to work a variety of shifts. We stock an amazing variety of both organic and conventional items, and are ideally seeking someone interested in Produce and healthy living!
Responsibilities for this position include:
- washing, trimming and culling produce;
- stocking shelves, bins and displays;
- merchandising sale items effectively;
- responding to customer inquiries;
- helping out our Front End staff (cashiers) as required; and
- keeping retail areas and workspaces sparkling clean and beautifully presentable.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- interested in learning about fruits and veggies, and how to prepare them for the retail floor;
- personable and friendly, with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- capable of lifting up to 70 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
Experience is helpful, but not required, and on the job training will be provided!
If this appeals to you, apply today!