Choices Markets in Burnaby currently has an opening for a Produce Lead Hand. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take on a more responsible role and who has a passion for produce and healthy food.
We are seeking someone who:
- clearly demonstrates the maturity to supervise others;
- is personable, outgoing and ambitious;
- is a good communicator and can write well;
- has work experience within a produce department setting;
- is service-oriented and can respond to customer needs;
- can efficiently perform basic functions in Microsoft Outlook and Excel;
- is capable of lifting up to 70 lbs; and
- is willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
Responsibilities of a Produce Lead Hand include:
- directing workflow and overseeing the department;
- ordering, receiving and merchandising product effectively;
- serving customers promptly with a positive attitude;
- washing, trimming and culling produce;
- keeping the shelves, bins and displays stocked;
- rotating items to ensure freshness and excellent quality;
- running a till to serve customers when needed; and
- adhering to OHS guidelines and maintaining clean, safe work areas.
If this sounds like you, apply today!