Choices Markets in Kerrisdale is a friendly, neighborhood grocery store with a loyal customer base and a proud tradition of local community involvement.
We currently have an opening for a dedicated, enthusiastic Produce Manager who will:
- lead a team of employees with a hands-on, collaborative style;
- visibly enjoy working on the retail floor, and interacting with customers;
- demonstrate a strong drive to succeed and a superb work ethic;
- oversee the operations of the department, including merchandising, workflow, ordering, cleaning and inventory management;
- and effectively manage relationships with our vendors and suppliers.
The ideal person will:
- be passionate about selling produce, and take pride in the wonderful array of high quality fruits and vegetables that Choices has to offer its customers;
- be personable, positive and outgoing;
- be service-oriented, and interested in both understanding and meeting customers’ needs;
- have retail produce experience, and be able to merchandise, order and manage stock;
- understand retail metrics, and be able to grow sales and profits;
- have good writing skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel;
- adhere to OHS guidelines and maintain clean, safe work areas;
- and be comfortable working in a physically demanding job, be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand all day.
The majority of the shifts for this position are in the daytime, but the ability and willingness to work a closing shift once or twice per week is also required. The starting wage for this position is $20.75+/hour, depending on experience
If you love Produce, and like the idea of working for a truly local company, apply today!