Canadian Choice Wholesalers’ head office currently has an opening for a full-time Purchaser. Hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Our ideal candidate:
- High level of attention to detail;
- Highly organized and able to multi-task competing priorities;
- Able to work within tight timelines while maintaining accuracy and efficiency of assigned tasks;
- Has strong computer skills and advanced level of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access);
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to liaise at all levels;
- Is resourceful and has the ability to problem solve independently;
- Has data entry experience; and,
- Manufacturing or Distributor industry experience would be an asset (Food & Beverage industry).
- Prepare purchase orders for suppliers, submit orders, logistics, adjustments to purchase orders and process payments;
- Daily review of tracking orders from suppliers and following up on discrepancies;
- Purchase planning, analyze vendor invoices with quantity received and manage inventory of all items for suppliers;
- Inventory management and control with various suppliers worldwide;
- Negotiates delivery requirements and quantities with suppliers;
- Maintain an accurate database;
- Effectively utilize communication skills to provide input to key stakeholders on current and pending delivery schedules; and,
- Perform some administrative duties as assigned, such as preparing various reports, data entry, organization and maintenance of incoming paper and electronic files.
A post-secondary degree or a diploma would be considered an asset.
Our office is located in the Tilbury area, so the position is ideally suited to someone who lives in Delta, Surrey or Langley who would like to avoid a lengthy commute.
If you would like to work for a locally owned company, apply today!