Choices Markets has an opening for a Senior Accountant. This position will be based out of our Head Office in Delta (Tilbury area), and report to the Accounting Manager.
This is a full time position, with a Monday to Friday work schedule.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day accounting for Choices Markets and Canadian Choice Wholesalers
- Provide financial support to the Retail and Wholesale operations and financial reporting – related to period end
- Coordinate the annual insurance renewal process and work with insurance company on claims – accidents, stock loss or special claims and annual renewals
- Responsible for store cash deposits, credit cards, cash over/short and cash floats
- Maintain the capital expenditure records as they specifically relate to depreciation schedules
- Participate in the preparation, investigation and analysis of working papers and procedures
- Maintain books for Canadian Choice Wholesalers and prepare period end working papers and journal entries
- Assist in treasury functions (including, but not limited to, foreign exchange buying and banking)
- Manage and oversee accounts receivable function and ensure that all accounts receivable are collected promptly (Choices Co-op, CCW AR)
- Track rebates, insurance claims, rent and lease payments, and contracts
- Assist in managing accounts payable in conjunction with the outsourced firm
- Coordination of any government reporting and filings
- Communicate with store staff & managers and ensure proper financial practices are in place
- Review rent payments and occupancy cost notices from landlords
- Internal audit of store procedures
- Responsible for cash deposits, credit cards, cash over/short and cash floats
- Assist stores when there are shortages, or when help is needed
- Visit the mainland stores periodically to carry out audits
- Ensure weekly cash ups and master deposits are completed and prepared for up-loading POS files to FMS and other financial items
- Oversee the preparation of weekly receiving sheets for all expense related invoices from each store and scanning of the same
- Download CCW Credit Card payment settlements and post to suppliers accounts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in retail/ wholesale grocery or supply chain/ distribution an asset
- At least one year of full cycle accounting experience preferred
- At least 2 years of Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, and demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office applications with an advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce accurate, timely results
- Excellent command of the English language – both verbal and written
- Team player with a high level of self-discipline and initiative
Our commitment to you:
- Flexible work environment with room for advancement
- Competitive wages with starting rates based on experience
- Benefits Package (Extended Health, Dental, Vision & Disability)
If you feel that you possess the knowledge, skills and abilities mentioned above then we would love to hear from you!
Please attach a cover letter including your wage expectations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.