Choices North Vancouver’s Front End department has an opening for a friendly, people-oriented Cashier to join its team. We are seeking someone with previous retail experience who is looking for an opportunity to take on a more responsible role.
This is a part time position and hours will include evening and weekend shifts. Applicants should have flexible availability and be willing to work at least one weekend day per week.
The duties of the Cashier include:
- providing excellent customer service whilst running a till;
- responding promptly and professionally to customer inquiries and complaints;
- processing refunds as required;
- providing leadership and direction to Cashiers as required;
- helping to organize monthly draws and fundraising initiatives;
- keeping retail areas and workspaces clean and tidy; and
- helping out in the Grocery department as needed.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- engaging and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- service-oriented, comfortable talking to customers and responding to complaints;
- a workplace leader and able to delegate tasks to other employees;
- highly detail oriented;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- able to count money efficiently and accurately;
- capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
If you like the idea of getting to know your customers in your neighbourhood grocery store, apply below today!