Choices Burnaby at The Crest currently has an opening for an engaging, food-loving person to join the team in our Deli. We are ideally seeking someone with previous retail experience who is looking for an opportunity to take on a more responsible role.
This is a full time position involving 40 hours of work per week. Applicants should be flexible in their availability and be willing to work at least one weekend day per week.
The Sr. Deli Clerk’s responsibilities include:
- serving customers promptly with a positive attitude;
- preparing and cooking a variety of hot and cold foodstuffs;
- ordering and receiving product;
- providing leadership and direction to Deli Clerks as required;
- keeping the deli cases stocked;
- rotating items to ensure freshness and excellent quality;
- running a till to serve customers;
- operating various kitchen appliances and equipment in adherence to OH&S policies; and
- cleaning workspaces and retail areas as required.
The ideal employee for this position is:
- personable and friendly, with an unfailingly good attitude;
- service-oriented, and comfortable talking to customers;
- a workplace leader and able to delegate tasks to other employees;
- hardworking and a good team player;
- capable of lifting up to 50 lbs; and
- willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day.
If this sounds like you, apply below today!