Choices Markets’ production facility on Marine Way near Boundary Road has an opening for a part time Baker’s Assistant. Candidates who have experience in bread baking and mixing sweet treats, including muffins, cookies and bars, would be an asset.
Our production facility is only a few years old and boasts an impressive array of Deli, Bakery and Bulk Foods operations. We also have our Marine Way store at the same location.
The Baker’s Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- assisting bakers in mixing & finishing an assortment of baked breads and pastries;
- mixing & baking sweet treats including muffins, cakes, pies, bars and cookies;
- keeping stock organized and well rotated;
- packing and shipping baked goods;
- using a variety of bakery equipment;
- working in accordance with all OH&S policies;
- keeping equipment and premises clean; and
- additional duties as needed.
The ideal applicant:
- has foodsafe certification;
- is willing and able to stand on his/her feet all day; and
- can lift up to 25 kgs;
Ideally, candidates will have flexible availability and be willing and able to work at least one weekend day per week.
No experience is necessary, and on the job training will be provided.