Choices Markets Abbotsford is a community-centered grocery store dedicated to offering its customers exceptional products and personalized service.
We currently have an amazing career opportunity for an inspiring leader with proven grocery management expertise.
We are seeking someone who will:
- lead our team of store employees through a hands-on, collaborative approach;
- manage store profitability through effective merchandising, ordering, inventory and waste management;
- oversee all store operations including OHS, equipment maintenance, scheduling and payroll;
- manage relationships with our vendors and suppliers; and
- connect with the surrounding community by cultivating connections and by planning shared events.
The ideal person for this position will:
- clearly demonstrate the ability to inspire and motivate employees;
- be an outstanding communicator with excellent writing skills;
- be service-oriented and enjoy responding to customer and business needs;
- possess significant retail management experience;
- be able to juggle multiple demands with a calm demeanour, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines;
- understand retail metrics and be able to meet financial targets;
- be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel;
- be willing to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends; and
- be comfortable in a physically demanding job, able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand on his/her feet all day.
If you are a driven, self-propelled individual, and like the idea of working for a truly local company, please apply today!