Enjoy a tasty salad featuring yams that are rich in vitamin B6 and beta carotene - vitamins proven to reduce the risk of heart disease.
– Spread the yam slices out in a steamer and steam until tender.
– Move slices occasionally to ensure even cooking. Set aside to cool.
– Coat slices of pepper with vinegar then olive oil, then broil in oven until soft but not brown (option: use ¼ cup dried red peppers soaked in vinegar and oil until soft, squeeze liquid off and chop).
– Coat yams with the exotic onion dressing, add chopped red peppers and toss very gently.
– Garnish with onions and cilantro.
Exotic Onion Dressing:
– Blend all ingredients together until smooth.