These delicious bars are from the book Staying Alive! A Cook Book for Cancer Free Living. They are easy to make and taste great!
Heat oven to 350° F (180° C).
– combine cranberries, dried fruits, honey and apple juice in a medium saucepan.
– Bring to a boil over medium heat.
– Stir until the mixture thickens and the cranberries pop (about 5 to 10 minutes).
– In a large bowl mix together all of the base ingredients, blending in the coconut butter with the tips of your fingers.
– The mix should look like moist crumbs. Set aside 1½ cups of this mix for the topping.
– Grease a 9x 13 baking pan, and press the crumb mixture into the base.
– Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 15 minutes.
– Remove the base from the oven.
– Spread the cranberry mix over it and cover with the remaining 1½ cups of topping mixture.
– Bake for another 30 minutes.
– Allow to cool before serving.
Makes 12 bars
Recipe taken from Staying Alive! A Cook Book for Cancer Free Living by Sally Errey, RNCP. Copyright 2004. Published by Bellissimo Books, Vancouver, BC.