Enjoy a taste of Thailand with this quick and tasty soup dish. Sweet and spicy at the same time with a tasteful blend of chili peppers and coconut milk. Perfect for those chilly days as winter approaches.
1. In a heavy bottomed soup pot, slightly warm the oil and cook the
cubed chicken until lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes.
2. The carrot can be sliced by hand or by food processor or large blade
on hand grater. Add the sliced carrot to the cooking chicken.
3. Add miso and part of the water and make sure the miso dissolves.
Add lime, ginger, lemon grass, chili flakes and remaining water.
Bring to a boil.
4. Let simmer for a few moments and add coconut milk. Bring back to a
boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Finish with shredded Napa cabbage.
5. Serve hot and if desired garnish with sesame seeds.
Serves 4-6: 6 cups or 4 large bowls