Do your body a favour this summer and enjoy the health benefits of Chef Antonio's newest creation. Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which have been shown to positively impact cardiovascular, immunological, neurological, reproductive, psychological and pediatric health.
Barbecue Salmon Method
1) Heat barbecue to high and clean the top rack.
2) Place three onion slices side-by-side on the top rack of the barbecue and generously baste with sauce.
3) Lay the salmon skin down across the three onion rings, baste with sauce. Careful to reserve 2 tbsp of the sauce.
4) Close barbecue, reduce heat to medium/low (425°F / 205°C) and cook for 25 minutes.
5) Remove fish from onions, turn the barbecue back on high.
6) Baste onions with remaining sauce and grill for 5 more minutes.
Sweet Cilantro Sauce Method
1) Coarsely chop onion and put in a blender.
2) Add cilantro, lime juice, sea salt, ginger and maple sugar to onion, blend until smooth.
3) Set aside and use with Sweet Onion
4) Barbecue Salmon.